Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A 'Little Train that Could' themed Apron

When I was shopping for apron patterns, I saw this one-- the Butterick B5726.  I like how this pattern has straps that go over the shoulder to the waistband for a more secure fit.  The pattern also works well with horizontal stripes and patterns.  When my daughter needed an apron for a themed party, I got this pattern out to work with the strong horizontal train pattern.  I used 'Little Golden Book' themed fabric, using the gold book inside for the pockets and straps, and the matching 'Little Train that Could' border and main fabric for the skirt. 

I used view B, but changed the bib dramatically to showcase one of the trains from the border.  Using the pattern, I made sure that it was the same size as the pattern piece.  This is how it turned out:






She looked so cute in it!  I have more fabric with strong borders or horizontal lines that will work well with this pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment